Reasons to Give
- 80% of transgender students feel unsafe at school, 49-58% experience sexual assault and physical abuse, and 49% will make a suicide attempt. MyTransitionPartner provides online support and education to reduce transphobia and connect transgender people to help that could save their lives.
- 64-72% of transgender people with supportive families report greater life satisfaction and lower rates of mental illness. MyTransitionPartner provides online resources and support for parents, spouse and partners, and siblings to reduce negative reactions from loved ones during the process of coming out and transition.
- 85-96% of transgender people who undergo transition (socially, hormonally, or physically) report greater life satisfaction, reduction in gender dysphoria, and reduction in mental illness. Our grantmaking program, DJC Fund, will increase the ability of transgender people in rural states to gain access to hormone replacement therapy and gender affirming surgery.
- Good allyship involves using your privilege for good. Transgender people consistently have to fill the gap left by mainstream nonprofits in order to support our trans siblings. By supporting MyTransitionPartner you are helping us help them. Are you using your privilege for good?
- Good allyship involves listening. It is absolutely absurd that trans people should have to create GoFundMe or similar fundraising accounts or worse— engage in sex work— to fund their hormone replacement therapies or gender affirming surgeries. In so doing, they are calling out for help! By supporting MyTransitionPartner you will be funding transition assistance grants so that we can help transgender people become better versions of themselves. Are you listening.
- Good allyship involves amplifying trans voices: Let’s be honest: Without your money we will not make it beyond this year. Your gift ensures that we continue into another year so that we can remain a beacon of hope for transgender people in rural and isolating places like Williston, ND, Lubbock, TX, and Loachapoka, AL. By supporting MyTransitionPartner you are helping us to improve the health and global wellbeing of transgender, queer, and gender nonconforming individuals.
- 40% of our #LoudAndProud #Pride2017 Challenge supports our community partner @DakotaOutright who works tirelessly to advocate for and support LGBTQ+ people in central North Dakota. By supporting MyTransitionPartner you are helping not just the nationwide transgender community, you are supporting transgender people in isolated and often over-looked places like Bismarck, ND.
- You know it’s the right thing to do. Transgender people are some of the most marginalized and forgotten people in the United States. Their identities and bodies are under attack politically, socially, and physically. By supporting MyTransitionPartner you are taking a stand against these attacks and helping transgender people reclaim their dignity, seek justice, and live through courage.
We are a tax-exempt nonprofit entity under Federal Tax Code section 501(c)(3). Donations made to this Foundation pursuant to Federal Tax Code section 2055, 2106, or 2522 are tax deductible. We provide donation receipts at the conclusion of the fiscal year (Jan 1 - Dec 31) by January 15 of the following fiscal year.
Darcy Jeda Corbitt Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity promoting the health and global wellbeing of transgender, queer, and gender nonconforming individuals. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by US Federal Tax Code.
© 2017 Darcy Jeda Corbitt Foundation
All Rights Reserved
All Rights Reserved